Listen, Learn, and Love - 3 Keys to Harmony

Dr. Joan's Advice

Date: 11/25/2013

By: Dr. Joan

Subject: Turn Disappointment into Thankfulness to Strengthen Bond with Children

Dear Disappointed:

Yes, I agree, it is disappointing when you find your child has deceived you. And the actions you took sound appropriate. Here’s the question: what next?

My opinion may sound too simple, but I’ll risk sharing it anyway, in the form of TWO STEPS:

1. LET GO OF DISAPPOINTMENT. What happened is over. Release it. When we continue to dwell on the past, we waste time because we can’t change it. We only have power over the present moment.

2. GIVE THANKS FOR YOUR CHILD TODAY, RIGHT NOW. This is your child who is growing daily and observing everything YOU DO. Let your child HEAR YOU giving thanks for her life, her smile, her intelligence, her beauty, her kindness, her faithfulness, her loyalty, her love. Put your hands on her shoulders, look into her eyes, and tell her you trust her judgment. Tell her you love her. Hug her, strongly. Do this often and strengthen your bond with your child.

That’s all, dear friend. I wish you good speed in turning your disappointment into thankfulness.

Dr. Joan’s Harmony Key: Let your tears disappear into the CAVE OF DISAPPOINTMENT; then move to the fresh WELL OF THANKFULNESS and drink from it.

Search site

Contact

Harmony Keys